WE ARE HIRING!
A position is opening up in our Cape Town office. We are looking for a brilliant, hard-working graphic designer who is passionate about all things media and wants to win Africa for Jesus.
Media Manager and Graphic Designer for In His Name Ministries
In His Name Ministries is an evangelistic organisation dedicated to proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ across Africa and the world through the holding of mass crusades. Moreover, we strive to inspire and empower the Body of Christ for soul-winning through various initiatives. The ministry is founded by Tamryn Klintworth and headed up by her and her husband, André Britz. In His Name holds registered non-profit status in South Africa, United States and United Kingdom. Being on the frontlines of evangelism is an exciting and intensely rewarding experience. We are looking for a driven, passionate individual who wants to be intimately involved in advancing the impact of an international ministry. The Media Manager will work closely with management, their responsibilities being primarily threefold – firstly, liaising with the media; secondly, developing and managing the development of content for print, broadcast and web-based platforms; thirdly, managing the printing of materials and development of products.
The position will be based out of our South African office in Bloubergstrand, Cape Town.
In lieu of the above-mentioned responsibilities, duties would include the following:
LIAISING WITH THE MEDIA:
- Maintaining current relationships and forging new relationships with the media
- Brainstorming and executing new projects birthed from the aforementioned relationships that would increase ministry exposure to the public
- Maintaining and improving upon current projects, ensuring deadlines are kept and undertakings adeptly performed
- Handling media queries and writing releases
- Compiling and editing/proofreading written content for print and web-based platforms
- Using Graphic Design experience to compile material for both web and print. Such would include event marketing material, newsletters, e-newsletters, promotional material, social media content, e-booklets and the like
- Managing the websites of the ministry by updating them on a regular basis and supervising more complex updates. The primary website is WordPress-based and the blog, Wix
- Managing the social media platforms of the ministry (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn)
- This not a prerequisite but advantageous skill to have: Using Motion Graphic experience to create adverts, promotional material and short clips for use on both television and web
PRINTING AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Obtaining quotes from printers, placing orders and managing the production and delivery of event marketing material, newsletters, promotional material and the like
- Brainstorming product creation, managing its manufacture and packaging until product completion
- Spearheading product promotion and distribution
REQUIRED SKILLS AND IDEAL PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Born-again and Spirit-filled
- A sincere passion for the Lord and desire to build His Kingdom
- With regards to education, a matric is required. Extended work experience and post-graduate degree or diploma can be waived in light of the required skills and a natural competency
- Excellent English writing skills, spelling and grammar
- Eloquent and articulate in the English language, a good communicator
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of choice Motion Graphic software (as mentioned above, not a prerequisite)
- Driver’s licence and access to vehicle
- A creative thinker with the ability to be innovative and inventive
- Uses initiative, proactive and well-organised
- Able to concentrate on detail aspects, constantly striving for excellence
- Works well under pressure
- Driven, passionate and motivated, never satisfied with the status quo
SALARY AND OFFICE HOURS
Starting salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and work experience.
Office hours: 08:00 – 17:00, Monday – Friday
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Media Position”. Please include therewith:
- Motivating letter. Why do you want to work for In His Name?
- Salary expectation and availability?
- At least two examples of recent graphic design and motion graphic work (if the latter is available). Kindly limit email size to 2MB so links are preferable.
You are also welcome to contact In His Name on +27 21 556 0762 should you require further information. Browse our website for additional details regarding the ministry (www.inhisname.global).